The Bremer County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of 2nd/3rd shift FEMALE jailer. All applications must meet the minimum hiring standards set by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy and are available on our website. Applications may be picked up at the Bremer County Sheriff’s Office at 111 4th Street NE, Waverly, IA 50677 or print online by visiting the website: www.bremercountysheriff.org. All completed applications and resume must be returned to the Bremer County Sheriff’s Office. Bremer County is an EOE.
Minimum Hiring Standards by Iowa Law Enforcement Academy
Requirements for employment: No person shall be recruited, selected or appointed to serve as a jail administrator or jailer unless the person:
- Is 18 years of age or older.
- Is able to read and write in English.
- Is of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state and national fingerprint files.
- Is not by reason of conscience or belief opposed to the use of force, when appropriate or necessary to fulfill the person’s duties.
- Has the ability to perform the essential elements of the position as defined in department job specifications.
- Is an appropriate candidate for employment as demonstrated by qualified psychological screening.