The Bremer County Veterans Affairs office is accepting applications for a part-time Veterans Affairs Clerk until July 31, 2017.
The Veterans Affairs Clerk is responsible for the following items:
- Completing all mandatory documentation
- Scheduling appointments
- Researching resources and benefits available for veterans and their family members
- Assist veterans and their family members by making and answering their phone calls and emails
- Entering data into multiple databases
- Typing and photocopying
- Assist with community outreach events
Requirements for employment include a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. One year of experience with veterans affairs, social work, business management or a combination of education and experience to equal one year is preferred.
The full job description is attached or can be picked up from the Bremer County Annex or requested by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are available on the Bremer County website under Human Resources, can be picked up at the Bremer County Annex or requested via email, email@example.com.
Submit application and resume to Bremer County Veterans Affairs, 203 1st Ave, Waverly, IA 50677. EOE